Michigan Charm Great Lakes

Sunday, November 29, 2009



MushkaDesigns.etsy.com

It's the Great Lakes State! Sterling silver handmade Michigan charm is available plain or with GREAT LAKES stamped across the front... or customize with your own word/phrase/date/etc. Show your state pride! Go Blue!

I created the State Charm Collection because I know that we all have special connections to different places for different reasons. I love wearing my state charms close to my heart (literally!) as a way to feel connected to the places I love so much even when I cannot be there in person.

Each state was hand cut from a nice thick piece of sterling silver sheet so the charm has substance. I pay close attention to the border of each state as I cut making sure to include as much detail as possible so that the charm captures the true essence of the state. Winging rivers, state borders, and other bodies of water define the unique shape of each state.

Each charm is hand hammered with Mushka's signature texture and then oxidized which gives the charm a "worked-in", well-loved look. The chain is an oxidized sterling silver bead chain (16"). Charm is about 3/4" wide.

Life often takes us on unexpected journeys. When facing new challenges and trying to define ourselves in new places, it is comforting to remember who we are and where we come from. A State Charm necklace is a wonderful daily reminder of your special connection the places you love.

0 comments:

HANDMADE PLEDGE

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP