Rapunzel Enchantment Necklace

Thursday, November 12, 2009



redheart13.etsy.com

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, so that I may climb the golden stair. A romantic dark story from the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales, I always remember her as an enchantress of the high lonely tower; I can't imagine the days alone.

Wishing I had her long locks of love, I was inspired to create a golden necklace made with four looping links from a vintage bracelet and a vintage gold chain with screw post.

Hanging from the chain is a vintage lucite bright peach rose of frozen beauty, I can imagine a gown enraptured by this color, flowing in the wind as her prince carries her away. The rose has lovely detailing in the leaves and is hand painted in an ivory green.

The necklace measures 20.5" long and the rose is 1.75" w x 2" h.

Tis a fairy tale come true!

0 comments:

HANDMADE PLEDGE

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP